welcome to 2022 … March news from the studio
current shows & happenings
- “…a song of land, river and sky…” a solo exhibition @themoreegallery in Moree Northern NSW, opening 4 March 2022 till 8 April 2022 – the catalogue is now live on The Moree Gallery website, all enquiries to Gig 0427529116
- Group Show “Eye Candy” The Peisley Street Gallery Orange April 2022
- 2 artworks available at The Toowoomba Gallery in Queensland 2022
- 2 artworks available Grammar Art Show in Toowoomba April 2022
- a solo planned for September 2022 in Orange NSW
November 2021- Awarded the Ironbark Residency through Orana Arts and Stuart Town Advancement Association. A week spent with master print maker Tim Winters at Kinkara Studio in Stuart Town
November 2021- workshopping with Idris Murphy in Royal National Park
Bouddi Peninsula Arts trail December 2021
looking@landscape – solo exhibition at The Japanese Gardens Cowra
Inel Date is an artist based between the Central West and Central Coast NSW. Her works are a response to the surrounding landscape and changing seasons. With a Masters of Arts degree and many years as a Visual Art Educator she is inspired by documenting and responding to place. With her move to full-time studio practice her work is centred on the simple joy of watching the seasonal play of light and shadow, observing shifting seasons or building on past memories. In this way she communicates a sense of place that resonates with the viewer.
Inspiration is found in all landscapes she passes through – rural, urban and water scapes. Inel seeks to understand and document place in a particular moment in time, communicating its complex narrative to the viewer. Her recent body of work swings between still abstracted landscapes with pared back seasonal colours or otherwise richly layered exploratory surfaces that focus on mark making, serendipitously creating patterns and making sense of place.